Bed Lock Brackets
are used to widen beds, they do not lengthen the rails.
This enables antique
- 3/4 beds to be widened to full size beds
- full size beds to be widened to queen size beds
Widen beds: Three Quarter and Full Size, which use steel bed rail hook fasteners like our #
with a bedlock bracket.
- Once mounted, bracket extends beyond bed posts allowing rails to be set further apart.
- Typically the slit in bed posts must be widened to accommodate one side of the bed bracket.
- A wood block extension is added to the outside of the bedpost. Bed bracket is then bolted to the bedpost and wood block extension (see picture).