Oil Lamp Chimneys 3" x 14" are very tall used on banquet and piano lamps. Fits on oil or electric lamps with #2 burners require this popular and very common size clear glass chimney.
When selecting replacement lamp chimneys: first determine chimney base diameter, known as the fitter. It is measured outside edge to outside edge across the bottom.
Oil Lamp Chimneys, 3" x 8-1/2"
Oil Lamp Chimneys, 3" x 10"
Oil Lamp Chimneys, 3" x 12"
Glass is thin, very similar to many antique chimneys; use care when placing in burner/holder, do not force.
Reminiscent of vintage glass, occasional slight imperfections are normal as glass fabrication often produces minor variations in appearance, overall size and thickness of glass.
Actual glass size and appearance may slightly differ from what is pictured.
3" Bottom Fitter x 14" Height
Top Diameter: 1-7/8"
Selecting Lamp Chimneys
Oil Lamp Chimneys are used with or without a shade on antique lamps. Sometimes called glass globes or hurricanes these chimneys sit in a burner with tines or a chimney holder. The chimney is always put in burner first. The shade is then slipped over chimney.
Use withTorpedo Shaped Light Bulbs inside chimneys. These bulbs are required as they consume less space which allows more air to circulate thereby reducing heat build up.
Chimneys are reminiscent of old glass: measurements are approximate, occasional slight imperfections and mold marks are normal and not defects. Shape may vary from picture.
Chimneys are measured bottom diameter by height.
- Height is a matter of personal taste. Typically the oil lamp chimney extends up thru the middle of the lamp shade and rises 2″-4″ above the top of the shade.
- Bottom diameter is measured outside edge to outside edge. This measurement is important as it must fit the holder or burner. Most burners have a narrow seat for chimney to rest on. Particular care should be taken if the lamp is used to burn oil making sure the oil lamp chimney bottom fits securely.
- Measure the diameter of where a proper fitting chimney sits, once it is on the burner. This is best measured with calibers to get an accurate measurement. To test: cut a ring from paper the needed diameter. Slip down over burner to check fit.
- Fit: The chimney should put slight pressure on the tines of the chimney holder or burner which in turn holds the oil lamp chimney in a stable position. This ensures a proper updraft enabling the burner to function correctly.
Height and shape of chimneys affect the general appearance of oil lamps.
- Embossed, opal hobnail, and crimp top chimneys are typically used on lamps without a shade.
- The simpler styles with straight tops are most often used on lamps with a shade.
When will my order ship?
Orders normally leave our warehouse in 1 – 2 business days
Ground delivery usually takes 3-5 business days depending upon your location. We ship out of Maryland
Ground Shipping is Free on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Air and International shipping is calculated according to carrier rates, box size and weight. Please call or email for assistance.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.
If you need assistance, we are happy to help! 800-241-9741
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time