Vintage Brass Shelf Rail
Vintage Brass Shelf Rail is a decorative and substantial railing reminiscent of the 19th and 20th centuries. It is taller than our standard brass gallery rail. The added height provides a distinctive visual appearance and additional protection, from falling, to objects placed behind the railing. Use on antique sideboards, desks, bookcases and shelves. This solid brass balustrade attaches to top surfaces providing an eye catching appeal.
Brass Shelf Rails are easily customized to fit exact needs of furniture3" tall posts available in: center, end and corner types, provide many options when designing your perfect layout. Rod is solid, available in two lengths, and easily cut to size with a hacksaw. Determine length of rod and number and type of posts needed to complete project by drawing a plan showing corner, end and center posts.
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Natural, not-lacquered
• Post Height: 3"
• Post Base-diameter: 5/8", screw-hole diameter: 1/8"
• Post Mounting: machine screws included
• Rod Diameter: 1/4"
To Install: Attach Gallery Posts with a machine screw or adapter screw:
Machine-Screw Attachment Method: is best and easiest attachment method. Machine screws included
• Drill hole through wood surface, insert screws from underneath of surface, through hole and thread into bottom of post.
Adapter-Screw Attachment Method: is used when attaching post from top. Adapter screws purchased separately.
• Post screws down from top onto wood surface. This installation method can be more difficult, requiring extra manipulation of rod and post head when inserting rod.
• Install all posts. Cut last rod slightly short. Slide rod into post. As rod is slightly short, additional clearance will be achieved, when rod is slid into post providing space to insert rod into last post. Top of post can be slightly turned.
A Paxton Hardware Exclusive