Drop In Locks
Drop In Locks are authentic replacements for furniture made in the 1900's. Use on drawers and doors hinged on the right. Designed to drop into a pocket cut by a router or machine. Once installed lock should fit tightly. It will be encased with wood on both sides only selvedge edge will show. This is a very reasonably priced lock, as such: locking mechanism is average, not as smooth as finer made brass locks, yet is serviceable. Made in Asia.
• Sold each
• Supplied with one Antique-bronze finish steel key.
• Material: Steel
• Use on drawers or doors hinged on right
• Keyhole-covers not-included as style of keyhole-cover is dictated by furniture period. See related-items, left column
• Distance between: selvedge-edge of lock to center-of-pin in keyhole. (see diagram above)
• When replacing locks: the backset is most crucial as it
must match cutout in furniture for lock to line up correctly with existing keyhole,
• Use Key-measurements to determine if key slips keyhole