Japanned Iron Cabinet Locks
Japanned Iron Cabinet Locks are early style furniture surface locks . The Japanned iron black finish adds authentic flair to early cupboard and wardrobe doors. Easy to install, surface locks mount directly to interior of doors with no mortising required. Brass plated bolt exits from either side, enabling locks to work both left and right hand doors. Strikes not included as not required. Offered in three sizes. Made In England. For additional lock information, please scroll to bottom of page and click appropriate link.
• Sold each
• Material: Steel, brass plated bolt
• Finish: Matte Black
• Supplied with two malleable iron, nickel plated keys
• Includes brass wood screws for mounting.
• Keyhole-covers not-included as style of keyhole-cover is dictated by furniture period. See related-items, left column
• Distance between: selvedge-edge of lock to center-of-pin in keyhole. (see diagram above)
• When replacing locks: the backset is most crucial as it
must match cutout in furniture for lock to line up correctly with existing keyhole,
• Use Key-measurements to determine if key slips keyhole