Lamp Cord Sets SPT1
SPT-1 Lamp Cord Sets
are the traditional narrow size used on most lighting from the 20th century. It has a thin plastic coating which easily slips 1/8 IP lamp pipe. Often used on vintage lighting and lamps where threading common size lamp wire through pipe is difficult. Select according to length needed and desired color. SPT rating designates the insulation thickness, thereby providing varying degrees of resistance to heat and abrasion. Higher SPT rating numbers provide more resistance to abrasion and more protection from electric shock.
Size: 18/2, 18 gauge
, 2 parallel copper wires: one positive/hot is smooth, one neutral/negative - has ribs.
U.L. and C.S.A. listed, 105 degrees. Stripped ends simplify wiring.
Matching, polarized molded-on plugs are attached to lamp cord.
SPT- 1 lamp cord has Standard Plastic insulation of 0.3"
• Approximate Cord Size: 1/8" x 5/16"
• Easily slips 1/8 IP pipe
• U.L. Listed for use in hanging fixtures & sconces
• Not approved for external wiring of table and floor lamps or lighting fixtures.
Before making any changes to electrical fixtures and/or lamps:
• Disconnect plug/wire from the electrical source.
• Turning lamp off will not protect you from electric shock.
• If you are unsure how to safely proceed contact a licensed electrician.