Rayon Lamp Cord with Plug
Rayon Lamp Cord with Plug make vintage lamp wiring more authentic with pre 1930's style cloth covered lamp wire with plug already attached. The accurate details of these lamp cord sets improves the historic look of antique lamps. The rayon cloth covering has a fine tight braided appearance. An early electric style Bakelite plug with acorn design is used at end of lamp cord. Manufactured with strict safety procedures however this rayon lamp wire is not U.L. listed. These well-made rayon lamp cord sets have copper-capped wire tips and plastic insulation covering all stranded wire. Easy to install - wire the same as with typical plastic covered lamp wire.
• Sold as Complete Cord-Set, including lamp cord with attached plug
• Length: 10 foot
• Rayon covered with plastic insulation inside
• Acorn Style, Bakelite Plug
• A UL knot is ideal however due to the rayon covering a simple overhand knot, tied at both socket and plug ends, protects cord from being pulled loose and stops fabric from fraying.
• Black wire connects to brass screw, white wire to nickel screw
Before making any changes to electrical fixtures and/or lamps:
• Disconnect plug/wire from the electrical source.
• Turning lamp off will not protect you from electric shock.
• If you are unsure how to safely proceed contact a licensed electrician.