Brass Skeleton Keys
Brass Skeleton Keys are used for furniture and cabinets on drawers, doors, desks, boxes and chests. The excellent quality and vintage style make these solid brass keys great replacements. Keys are common sizes with hollow barrels. Available in two styles: blanks have a solid-end while skeleton styles have a notched-end. This end, also known as the key-bit, is important as turning the key, turns lock-mechanism, which pushes bolt thru lock or draws the bolt back into lock. If key bit is not correctly notched it will not open and close lock.
• These barrel keys are hollow. Barrel is made to slip onto lock pin. Interior barrel-diameter is 1/8". Your lock pin must be slightly less than 1/8" for these keys to fit.
Profile of key-bit varies according to individual lock.
• Key bit may require cutting to turn the lock mechanism. Notches can be cut with a hacksaw.
• Sold Each
• Material: Brass
• Finish: Polished, not lacquered
• Barrel Interior: 1/8" Diameter
• Keys may need to be cut to use as replacements.