Finish: unfinished, needs polishing
1/8IP x 1/4IP
Brass Lamp Couplings are used to connect two threaded pieces of pipe. Simple brass couplings enable two pieces of lamp pipe to be connected.
Standard Lamp Thread Sizes
Standardized thread sizes for lamps enable many types of parts to be connected. It is imperative to know the thread size when replacing any antique lamp parts. List of common lamp threads and there uses provides a quick reference.
- F: designates a female thread - part is tapped having interior threads.
- M: designates a male thread - threaded with exterior threads.
- IP: Standardized lamp pipe sizing designation
- 8-32 - 5/32" outside diameter, used as holder screws with some glass shades.
- 1/4-20 - 9/16" outside diameter
- 1/4-27 - 7/32" outside diameter, used on harp posts & most lamp finials.
- 1/8 IP-27 - 3/8" outside diameter, very common thread used on table lamps, socket caps, and some finials. Allows electrical wire to pass through pipe.
- 1/4 IP-18 - 1/2" outside diameter, used on floor lamps, clusters, ceiling fixtures, and floor lamp bases.
- 3/8 IP - 5/8" outside diameter, used on chandeliers and hanging lamps.
When will my order ship?
Orders normally leave our warehouse in 1 – 2 business days
Ground delivery usually takes 3-5 business days depending upon your location. We ship out of Maryland
Ground Shipping is Free on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Air and International shipping is calculated according to carrier rates, box size and weight. Please call or email for assistance.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.
If you need assistance, we are happy to help! 800-241-9741
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time