Brass Cabinet Door Locks are skillfully machined from substantial brass extrusions. These Premium English Locks have a 2 lever locking mechanism to ensure smooth action and years of dependable service.
Backset is 11/16", distance to the lock pin. See size tab for more measurements.
Additional Lock Sizes
Brass Cabinet Door Locks, 9/16" backset
Brass Cabinet Door Locks, 7/8" backset
Use on left or right hand doors. Surface mount, no mortising is needed. Locks screw directly to interior of cabinet doors. Use on china cabinets, curios and furniture doors. Strikes are not necessary and therefore not included. Made In England.
Material: Heavy Extruded Brass
Supplied with two malleable iron, nickel plated keys
Includes brass wood screws for mounting.
Keyhole-covers not-included as style of keyhole-cover is dictated by furniture period.
When replacing locks: the backset is most crucial as it must match cutout in furniture for lock to line up correctly with existing keyhole
Backset- Distance To Pin: 11/16"
Overall: 1-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Bolt Projection: 3/8"
2-1/4" Overall Length
Barrel: 3/16" x 1-3/4"
Key-end Height: 7/16"
Surface Lock Information
Surface Locks are used on furniture and cabinet doors.
Easy to install:No mortising is required as lock mounts directly to the inside of the cabinet door.
- A strike is rarely used as it can impede the bolt from smoothly extending behind face frame or door stile.
- Our surface locks are reversible meaning they will work both right and left hand doors.
- Please note: these locks are visible when looking into a glass curio or china closet door. If preferred a half mortise or full mortise lock will provide a less visible alternative.
WHEN MEASURING CONSIDER:
- Backset: distance between: selvedge-edge of lock to center-of-pin in keyhole. (see diagram)
- When replacing locks: the backset is most crucial as it must match cutout in furniture for lock to line up correctly with existing keyhole
- Be sure overall size of Lock-Plate will fit onto door stile/face frame
WHEN INSTALLING CONSIDER:
Determine desired location of lock
- Position of lock must allow for bolt to extend behind face frame of cabinet. A minimum of ¼" is necessary to secure door when locked.
- Ideally edge of lock should line up with edge of door
- If keyhole already exists in door, make sure lock-keyhole lines up with cabinet-keyhole
- Measure distance from top of lock-plate to center of key pin
- Measure distance from side of lock-plate to center of key pin
- With these two measurements locate keyhole on furniture front, make sure key pin is aligned with keyhole location
- Drill small pilot hole at key pin location, hold lock in position and check to make sure hole lines up with key pin
- Drill hole larger to accommodate key barrel
- Cut remaining portion of keyhole with a small keyhole saw
Mark location of lock on door interior
- Insert key from front through door into lock
- With key in position, hold lock at desired location on back of door and mark screw holes
- Drill small pilot holes for screws
- Mount lock and attach with wood screws
- For a finished appearance: mount an escutcheon/keyhole plate, on door front.
If Using Brass Wood Screws
Care is required when installing brass screws. While these screws are the best match for most antique hardware however they are not as strong as steel screws. The screw is easily damaged if the hole is not properly prepared.
The best practice is to first drill a pilot hole. Use a drill bit slightly smaller than the overall width of the screw, including threads, to drill the hole. Then use a steel screw, the same size as brass screw, to “cut threads” in pilot hole, by screwing steel screw into and then out of hole.
When will my order ship?
Orders normally leave our warehouse in 1 – 2 business days
Ground delivery usually takes 3-5 business days depending upon your location. We ship out of Maryland
Ground Shipping is Free on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous US
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Air and International shipping is calculated according to carrier rates, box size and weight. Please call or email for assistance.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.
If you need assistance, we are happy to help! 800-241-9741
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time