Material: Linen Lining: Stiff white buckram
Shade Frame: Metal, rust resistant
20" Bottom, Point to Point
13-1/2" Top, Point to Point
Replacing Harp-type Lamp Shades
This shade type is built on a wire frame with a three wire spider and centered ring washer near the top of the shade. The washer ring slips down onto a harp, 1/8 IP pipe or cluster stem and is held in place with a lamp finial.
- Measure Height of Lamp-base: distance from bottom of lamp base to base of lamp socket.
- Height of Lamp Shade: approximately 2/3rds height of lamp-base.
- Bottom-diameter of Lamp Shade: approximately 1”-2” less than lamp-base height. Bottom diameter should not exceed lamp-base height.
- For Safety: there should be a minimum of 3-1/2” between lamp shade and incandescent bulb unless using compact fluorescent bulbs.
- These are generalizations.........it is always best to let your personal taste be the guiding influence.
- Additional Replacement Lamp Shade Information
Replacing a Table Lamp Shade on any lamp:
- The bottom edge of the lamp shade should cover the socket but not the lamp base.
- Determining the correct lamp shade position is best accomplished by viewing the lamp on the surface on which it will be permanently placed. Perspective changes when a lamp is place high on a mantel verses lower on a table.
- Although a table lamp shade is used on lamp pipe and cluster stems the vast majority are used with a harp.
- The advantage of harps is the ability to readily switch to different heights providing easy vertical adjustment.
Use on Floor Lamps and Table Lamps
These large shades are built on a frame that has both a harp fitter and v notches.
- Using lamp shade on Harp or Cluster Stem click link to view specific information: Large table lamps frequently use this shade as they have a harp or cluster stem to support lamp shade. The circular ring fitter, in top of shade frame, fits onto harp or cluster stem. Once in place it is secured with a lamp finial.
- Using lamp shade with a Reflector Shade click link to view specific information: 3-arm floor lamps use this shade ontop of reflector shade. V-Notches, in top of shade frame, holds shade in place on IES reflector shades. The large size allows adequate circulation and clearance around the outside candle light bulbs on these antique lamps.
When will my order ship?
Orders normally leave our warehouse in 1 – 2 business days
Ground delivery usually takes 3-5 business days depending upon your location. We ship out of Maryland
Ground Shipping is Free on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Air and International shipping is calculated according to carrier rates, box size and weight. Please call or email for assistance.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.
If you need assistance, we are happy to help! 800-241-9741
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time