Plate Type Furniture Casters
Plate-type furniture casters offer stable support and mobility to furniture. Circular mounting-plate with substantial stem provides a durable connection between furniture leg and caster. Plate is secured to bottom of leg with wood screws, stem keeps caster from wobbling.
- Drill hole, depth of steel drive stem, using drill bit a hair smaller in diameter than caster stem.
- Gently tap threaded drive stem up into leg. Stem should fit snug but not tight, in hole.
- Outside diameter of mounting plate should not be larger than furniture leg diameter. Mark location of plate screw holes in bottom of leg.
- Remove caster. Pre-drill pilot holes for brass screws.
- Insert caster stem back up into leg.
- Attach caster plate to bottom of furniture leg with screws. Stem keeps caster from wobbling. Screws hold caster to furniture leg
Our casters are quality reproductions, strong, well made and designed specifically for furniture. They are very serviceable under normal conditions. As with all antique casters they are made for occasional rolling. Industry testing has not been done on most reproduction casters as a result load bearing capacity is not available.
These reproduction casters are designed and produced to support and move furniture. They are strong and dependable. When replacing or adding casters: proper fitting and mobility are the key considerations.
There is a direct correlation between caster strength and correct installation. Casters must fit snugly to furniture, with as little play as possible, and be properly attached.
The larger the wheel, the easier the caster rolls and the less likely it is to hitch or indent the floor.
Raises Furniture: height furniture will be raised above the floor
Wheel Diameter: actual diameter of wheel.
- Raises Furniture: is the height the furniture will be raised above the floor
- Caster Stem: measured diameter x height
- Caster Plate: is a circular plate, with 3-4 screw holes, helps support furniture leg.
Caster's overall strength is affected by size of complete caster, material caster is made of, wheel size including diameter and width and correct installation.
Mobility has an effect on load capacities. Casters are made for occasional rolling. When stationary less stress is place on caster then when moving. The larger the wheel the easier the caster rolls.
Generally speaking larger casters support more weight and roll easier.
Equation for estimating load capacity add furniture weight + furniture load divided by the number of casters needed equals the weight individual casters must support.
If load capacity is provided it is prudent to use heavier load capacity then needed.
Free Shipping on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous US
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.