Round Cup Casters add a classic protective ending to furniture legs. Available in three sizes. This authentically styled caster has a 3/4" wheel, is made of solid brass with a sleek polished finish. Used on generations of furniture; as the quality and appearance stands the test of time. Wheels swivel independently of leg cup adding easy positioning of furniture.
If replacing lost, damaged or broken casters: all casters on a piece of furniture should be uniform in height, style and appearance to insure proper function.
Round Cup Casters 1" Wheel
Round Cup Casters 1-1/4" Wheel
Our casters are quality reproductions, strong, well made and designed specifically for furniture. They are very serviceable under normal conditions. As with all antique casters they are made for occasional rolling. Industry testing has not been done on most reproduction casters as a result load bearing capacity is not available.
These solid brass casters are constructed to support and move furniture. They are strong and dependable. When replacing or adding casters: proper fitting and mobility are the key considerations.
- There is a direct correlation between caster strength and correct installation. Caster Cup must fit snugly on furniture leg, with as little play as possible. Leg may require modification to accommodate cup. Once correctly fitted, attach cup with wood screws.
- The larger the wheel, the easier the caster rolls and the less likely it is to hitch or indent the floor.
Cup Casters are sized with interior cup measurements as furniture legs must fit snuggly. Shape of cup tapers therefore top and bottom measurements are provided.
- Inside Cup Top: the top interior diameter of the cup less the brass wall.
- Inside Cup Bottom: the top interior diameter of the cup less the brass wall.
- Inside Depth of Cup: the interior height of the cup.
- Wheel Diameter is simply the diameter of the wheel.
Raises Furniture: height furniture will be raised above the floor
Caster's overall strength is affected by size of complete caster, material caster is made of, wheel size including diameter and width and correct installation.
Mobility has an affect on load capacities. Casters are made for occasional rolling. When stationary less stress is place on caster then when moving. The larger the wheel the easier the caster rolls.
Generally speaking larger casters support more weight and roll easier.
Equation for estimating load capacity: add furniture weight + furniture load divided by the number of casters needed equals the weight individual casters must support.
If load capacity is provided it is prudent to use heavier load capacity then needed.
Free Shipping on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous US
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.