White Silk Floor Lamp Shades are sized to fit reflector floor lamps. White shade with open top diffuses light over a large area providing effective task and room lighting. Made of fine Shantung and trimmed in same material providing a tailored appearance. These quality shades are created on a sturdy frame and are fully lined. Classic bell shape was the favorite style used on vintage floor lamps from the mid 20th century.
Material: Silk-like Shantung
Lining: Reflective white satin-material
Shade Frame: Metal, rust resistant
The excellent quality and superior light output of reflector floor lamps makes them worth restoring correctly.
Use 2 Lampshades on 3 arm floor lamps
- A IES Reflector Shade goes on first. It sits in shade holder and is secured with 3 set screws. This reflector shade directs the light from the mogul bulb upward.
- A second Large Floor Lampshade, often silk, sits on top the reflector shade. A 20" bottom diameter floor lamp shade is often used. Care should be taken so that this shade is large enough to allow good air circulation around the outside 3 candle arms.
This may seem unusual for a lamp to have two shades however the second shade is necessary as it completes the vintage appearance of reflector floor lamps and softens the very bright light provided by the mogul bulb and 3 arms. These lamps are an excellent light source.
Lamp Parts used:
- large porcelain mogul lamp socket
- 3-way mogul bulb
- rayon covered lamp cord is most authentic however SPT-2 lamp wire can also be used.
- rotary switch
- candle sockets
- candle covers
- lamp wire
Lamps with Harps
This shade type is built on a wire frame with a three wire spider and centered ring washer near the top of the shade. The washer ring slips down onto a harp, 1/8 IP pipe or cluster stem and is held in place with a lamp finial.
There are a few generalizations when replacing harp type lampshade, no hard and fast rules. It is always best to let your personal taste be the guiding influence.
Achieving a sense of balance and harmony between table lampshade and lamp base will present the best appearance. Lamp shade proportions should reflect lamp base proportions. Most table lamps are tall and slender. For these lamps the height of the lamp base will determine the bottom diameter of the new lamp shade.
- Measure the lamp base height: distance between base (at table surface) to bottom of socket.
- Select shade with a bottom measurement within 1" - 2" of lamp base height
- Height of shade should be proportional to base. A good starting point is to try a shade approximately 2/3rd's the height of lamp base.
Some lamps have short squat bases requiring differently proportioned table lamp shades.
- Measure the diameter of the lamp base at it's widest point.
- Select shade with a base diameter 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 times larger than the widest portion of base.
- Height should be similar to height of lamp base. Proportion is always a guiding factor. Shades for this style lamp tend to be shorter than shades used on taller lamps.
Replacing a Table Lamp Shade on any lamp:
- The bottom edge of the lamp shade should cover the socket but not the lamp base.
- Determining the correct lamp shade position is best accomplished by viewing the lamp on the surface on which it will be permanently placed. Perspective changes when a lamp is place high on a mantel verses lower on a table.
- Although a table lamp shade is used on lamp pipe and cluster stems the vast majority are used with a harp.
- The advantage of harps is the ability to readily switch to different heights providing easy vertical adjustment.
Harps are 2 part: U-shape bottom bracket with a detachable top harp. Typically harp and shade heights are the same or similar.
When will my order ship?
Orders normally leave our warehouse in 1 – 2 business days
Ground delivery usually takes 3-5 business days depending upon your location. We ship out of Maryland
Ground Shipping is Free on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous US
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Air and International shipping is calculated according to carrier rates, box size and weight. Please call or email for assistance.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.
If you need assistance, we are happy to help! 800-241-9741
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time