Bridge Lamp Shades are a great basic, enhancing floor lamps made of many metals. The retro bell shape was popularized on floor lamps in the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's. Ivory white provides outstanding light for both task and accent lighting.
These uno lamp shades are made of white silk, a slubless tissue shantung. Classically detailed, shades have matching folded-edge binding at top and bottom. Beautifully created with sewn seams. Excellent quality, shades are fully lined. If more than one shade is needed please order together to insure matching fabric dye lots.
Use on floor lamps & bridge lampswhere lampshade hangs down from lamp arm.Lampshade screws directly onto uno lamp socket.
Uno Lamp Sockets
Material: Silk-like Shantung
Lining: Reflective white satin-material
Shade Frame: Metal, rust resistant
Must be used with uno-threaded socket
For best compatibility, purchase shade & socket together
12" Bottom, 9" Top, 8" Side
Fitter recessed: 1/2"
Using UNO Lampshades
Bridge lamps have an arm extending from lamp body to support lighting components and lamp shades. These lamps are produced in both table and floor lamp styles. Lamps where the shade hangs down from the lamp arm use uno lamp shades also known as bridge lampshades.
Bridge lamps which have the shade hanging down are an all time favorite style reading lamp. Many of these lamps can be found inexpensively and retrofitted into a useful lighting source. Use next to a comfortable reading chair or work table for task lighting. Shade and light are easily positioned to direct light to best location. Once you have used a bridge lamp you will never want to be without one. The benefits of these lamps are many:
- Lamps are easily moved where light is needed.
- On / off switch is at socket for easy access.
- Socket swivel enables positioning of uno bridge lamp shades to direct light downward onto the book or surface you are working on.
- Uno bridge lamp shades have a threaded center ring, near the top of shade, which screws directly onto uno threaded sockets. Glass uno lampshades require a special glass holder which fits onto socket.
- For safety reasons, when retrofitting lamps it is always best to replace the sockets and rewire lamps with approved lamp wire and sockets.
- Lamp shades should be selected according to taste. Choose a shade to suit your style.
- Floor lamp shades are available in: Linen, silk, mica and parchment styles.
When will my order ship?
Orders normally leave our warehouse in 1 – 2 business days
Ground delivery usually takes 3-5 business days depending upon your location. We ship out of Maryland
Ground Shipping is Free on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous US
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Air and International shipping is calculated according to carrier rates, box size and weight. Please call or email for assistance.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.
If you need assistance, we are happy to help! 800-241-9741
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time