Curved Brass Bail Handles were a common style used on Victorian and American Oak furniture. This classic design was during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. These authentic replicas are a nice choice where a simple style is preferred. Darkened appearance compliments oak furniture.
Simple curved handle is supported by two eyebolts and has a contoured shape, bowing outward in center. Handles are brass with a darkened aged finish.
Handle Material: Brass
Eye-bolt Material: brass-plated
Mounting hardware included
To Install: insert eyebolts through rosettes, then through holes on drawer front. Insert handle into 2 eyebolts before pushing them into place. Screw nuts on bolts and tighten from drawer interior.
3-5/8" handle-width, widest point
Overall: 4-1/2" x 2-1/4"
Boring: mounting measurement, center-hole to center-hole
When replacing existing handles always check boring-measurement
How to Measure - Attach Drawer Pulls
How to determine drawer pull size:
Boring is the distance from center of mounting hole to center of adjacent mounting hole. If replacing handles on existing drawers, this is the most crucial measurement. More leeway is available when adding drawer pulls to new furniture or cabinets, as mounting holes can be drilled where needed.
- Most common size boring is 3". Other less common center of hole to center of hole measurements: 2-1/2", 3-1/2" and 4" are available in limited designs. Large sizes such as 5" or 6" are very difficult to find.
- Overall Size reflects: width and height of handle at widest point. Ideally a balanced relationship between drawer handle and drawer is best.
Attaching Drawer Pulls & Knobs
- Thread size is generally 8-32.
- Mounting screws are used to attach many styles of drawer pulls and cabinet knobs. Screws are inserted from back of drawer, through mounting holes, into back of drawer pull or knob. Length supplied is determined by manufacturer. While supplied screw length is generally useful, occasionally a different size is required. Please let us know if you need a specific length. To determine the correct size: measure wood thickness and add 1/4".
- Posts or Eyebolts are available in one length. Posts/eyebolts insert from front through holes in backplate, through mounting holes and are secured with nuts .Occasionally they may be too short to accommodate drawer thickness. Historically in this situation on antique furniture: a small shallow area is carved out of the drawer-interior around each mounting hole. This reduces the wood thickness at mounting-hole locations enabling shorter posts with nuts to be used. Diameter of carved area must be large enough to accommodate nut.
When will my order ship?
Orders normally leave our warehouse in 1 – 2 business days
Ground delivery usually takes 3-5 business days depending upon your location. We ship out of Maryland
Ground Shipping is Free on Orders over $99 to the 48 contiguous US
Low $6.95 flat-rate shipping for orders less than $99 to the 48 contiguous states, USA
Air and International shipping is calculated according to carrier rates, box size and weight. Please call or email for assistance.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of receipt for a full merchandise refund - your original payment method will be credited for the merchandise amount.
If you need assistance, we are happy to help! 800-241-9741
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern Time